COUNCIL CONTRACTS & QUOTES
When the council requires services it either request quotes (for works up to £10000) or goes out to tender for amounts over this. For details of all current opportunities please click here
Within the Parish, some services are provided by the Parish Council. Guidance on these is provided within this website.
However, the majority of services are provided by the Cornwall Council.
For any service being supplied in Mawnan, irrespective of where it is provided from, please click on a link from the list below.
• Bus Shelter (Parc an Manns) – Mawnan Parish Council
• Burials at the Community Graveyard – Mawnan Parish Council
• Highways Weed Treatment – Mawnan Parish Council
• Public Conveniences – Mawnan Parish Council
• Public Rights of Way Maintenance – Mawnan Parish Council*
• SW Coastal Path Maintenance – Mawnan Parish Council*
*limited part of this service supplied by the parish council only
• Benefits – Cornwall Council
• Education Services – Cornwall Council
• Environment & Waste – Cornwall Council
• Highways / Traffic – Cornwall Council
• Housing – Cornwall Council or Coastline Housing
• Planning – Cornwall Council
• Street Care & Cleaning – Cornwall Council
• Tourist Information Services
There are a number of online forms that you can use to report issues directly to Cornwall Council. Please check out the list:
|Use this link to view a full list of things you can report online||www.cornwall.gov.uk/reportit|
|pothole, street works, electrical or highway problem||www.cornwall.gov.uk/reportroad|
|missed waste collection||www.cornwall.gov.uk/missedcollection|
|breach of planning control||www.cornwall.gov.uk/reportbreach|
|A change of circumstance||www.cornwall.gov.uk/reportchange|
although you have to include your name on the forms, all of this information is kept confidential.
Road & Drain Clearances
If you notice accumulations of leaves, blocked drains or overflowing gullies you can contact CORMAC directly, of feel free to drop the clerk either a call or email and she will pass the concern along. You will need to be as specific as you can please when it comes to a location – if you can give a house name or number it’s really useful.
It is the responsibility of the landowner to keep hedges, especially those next to roads and footways, in reasonable order so they don’t cause obstruction to passers-by.
Click here for general information about your responsibilities as a landowner if your property borders a road.
Potholes & Road Issues
It’s easy to report a pothole directly to Cornwall Council .. and by doing so this is logged against the roads’ permanent record upping chances of major works being undertaken. Please log your potholes – it could lead to a better road surface being installed.
Speeding & Traffic Calming
As part of an attempt to address concerns over speeding and levels of traffic through our village we had a speed survey undertaken in June 2018 by CORMAC. Unfortunately this has not assisted us in getting and reduction in speeds through our village, as there is little in their view to address.