COUNCIL CONTRACTS & QUOTES
When the council requires services it either request quotes (for works up to £10000) or goes out to tender for amounts over this. For details of all current opportunities please click here
Within the Parish, some services are provided by the Parish Council. Guidance on these is provided within this website.
However, the majority of services are provided by the Cornwall Council.
For any service being supplied in Mawnan, irrespective of where it is provided from, please click on a link from the list below.
• Bus Shelter (Parc an Manns) – Mawnan Parish Council
• Burials at the Community Graveyard – Mawnan Parish Council
• Highways Weed Treatment – Mawnan Parish Council
• Public Conveniences – Mawnan Parish Council
• Public Rights of Way Maintenance – Mawnan Parish Council*
• SW Coastal Path Maintenance – Mawnan Parish Council*
• Benefits – Cornwall Council
• Education Services – Cornwall Council
• Environment & Waste – Cornwall Council
• Highways / Traffic – Cornwall Council
• Housing – Cornwall Council or Coastline Housing
• Planning – Cornwall Council
• Refuse Collection – Cornwall Council
• Street Cleansing – Cornwall Council
• Tourist Information Services
Road & Drain Clearances
If you notice accumulations of leaves, blocked drains or overflowing gullies you can contact CORMAC directly, of feel free to drop the clerk either a call or email and she will pass the concern along. You will need to be as specific as you can please when it comes to a location – if you can give a house name or number it’s really useful.
It is the responsibility of the landowner to keep hedges, especially those next to roads and footways, in reasonable order so they don’t cause obstruction to passers-by. The following link takes you to Cornwall Council’s online reporting form: Highways Issue – overgrowing hedges.
Click here for general information about your responsibilities as a landowner if your property borders a road.
Potholes & Road Issues
It’s easy to report a pothole directly to Cornwall Council .. and by doing so this is logged against the roads’ permanent record upping chances of major works being undertaken. Please log your potholes – it could lead to a better road surface being installed. The following link takes you to Cornwall Council’s online form: Pothole Reporting
Mawnan has now sourced a plot of allotments for use by the community on National Trust land at Durgan Crossroads. Anyone wishing to get more details needs to contact Granville Williamson on 01326 250112 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for details. Full, half and shared plots are available and volunteers willing to offer occasional help are also welcome.